1. Why is Mybigcatch an helpful App for anglers?
Mybigcatch helps you to track your catches with the most important data like water temperature, used bait, GPS coordinates and weather data.
For Germany a data base of german waters is available and helps you to find ticket shops for day tickets in your surrounding. A search “per name” is also feasible. So there is no need to contact tourist information center or to search in the internet.
2. Is there also a database for other countries available ?
Unfortunately there is only a german database. We are working on the completness of the german database. Other countries are planned.
3. What kind of mobile connection is necessary?
For an exact localisation a GPS connection is necessary, but with our desktop version you can find your coordinates at your desk afterwards in case you do not have a GPS connection at the water. Our german database is only available if you have a mobile internet connection (e.g. 3G). But of course you can download any information about ticket shops and the water itself previously.
Weather data is unfortunately not available without an internet connection too.
4. How many waters are applicable within the german data base ?
The data base includes standing waters and flowing waters. We are encouraged to keep it up-to-date and make it complete!
5. Is it possible to make my own map of my favourite waters ?
Yes, you can! Both the dekstop version and the mobile version are suitable for that. You can then synchronise your data base with the mobile or desktop version.
6. Is there a water gauge for every water available ?
Currently we have water gauges for Bayern, Bund, Mecklemburg-Vorpommern, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Sachsen and Sachsen-Anhalt.Bund contains water gauges for interregional waters.
Others will follow.
7. I am the owner of a ticket shop, but currently I am not in your data base. Is it possible to be included?
Yes, of course. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What about the software and data compability ? For example is the Mac-Version compatible with the Android App ?
Yes, all versions are compatible.